Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Back to where I started.

I feel like crap.

Why, you may ask? Gluten has something to do with it, but it is not the only one to blame. Of course, perhaps if it were not for gluten, my immune system would do its normal immunity thing... just a thought.

My poor body is juggling a recent glutening, a reaction to the H1N1 vaccine (lymphadenopathy, same as with last year's vaccine. Yes, I hear you saying "I told you so."), fighting a cold from my coworker, and what I think was food poisoning at lunch today. That was a trip and a half (to the bathroom). Darn shrimp.

Needless to say, I am a bit run-down.

On another note, I received an email from a nice person at Jennie-O explaining their GF status. I'll post it here. My comment for this post, which I relayed in my reply, is that I feel like I'm in a situation where "fool me once, shame on you..." applies since I suspected it twice within a short time. I also have found that I have been sorely disappointed when trusting labels. Do with it what you will, dear readers. All four of you.

First, I would like to thank you for being a loyal customer and advocate of our products. I wanted to clarify that Jennie-O Turkey Store® hot Italian turkey sausage does not contain any wheat, rye, barley, triticale (a wheat hybrid) or oats. This is a gluten-free product that is safe for you and your readers to consume.

I also wanted to assure you that we require all suppliers to list out every ingredient, including possible allergenic ingredients or ingredients that are known to cause a reaction in sensitive individuals. We understand the frustration of trying to find gluten-free products, and we only want to make it easier for you and others affected by Celiac disease. We also hope, with this explanation, you might give Jennie-O Turkey® products a second chance. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I’d be happy to provide further explanation, if needed. Have a great day.

I also mentioned that I'll just let my husband eat it. It seriously is good stuff, I'm just wary.

No comments: