I start to wonder- how often does this happen to other Celiacs? Is everyone as sensitive as I am? I have been restricting myself more and more, and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference.
Here's my current list of things that could have glutened me:
- The "GF" potluck at work for my last day (big contender)
- The frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts I bought with "glucose solids" on the label. Poor quality, wish I would have read the label before I bought them. Not sure if I trust whatever they inject!
- The 4th of July meal at a friend's house, where I helped make everything, looked up every ingredient online (like the Hormel chili with beans), and doubled-washed the pans and utensils
- Breyer's natural vanilla ice cream from the milkshakes we made yesterday. I actually just ate some 5 minutes ago. What was I thinking?! I thought I already learned my lesson about vinegar and alcohol...
- My latte last Friday from the only coffee shop I trust
I guess I'm back to only food from my own home that is made from scratch. No ice cream if it has vanilla extract. Nothing with unidentifiable vinegar. Packing my lunch with no further prep at other people's houses. No processed foods.
I feel like I'm crazy for having to be so careful.
I also feel crazy for posting this online. The only way this post would be helpful to anyone is if they needed to relate!