Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Usefulness! Chicken Noodles with Peanut Sauce

I'm inspired to be somewhat useful here instead of my recent lamenting. So here comes my new favorite meal: a twist on a recipe in Danna Korn's Living Gluten-Free for Dummies, the perfect book for people like me :) I tried the recipe for Steak and Peanut Pepper Pasta and have since changed beef to chicken, used different pasta and veggies etc... the sauce is pretty much the same.

Chicken Noodles with Peanut Sauce

Chop chicken into bite size pieces. I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. That's what I had in the freezer.

Make sauce/marinade:

1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
4 T. GF soy sauce
4 T. peanut butter (I used natural PB, the kind that is just ground up peanuts. Novel idea.)
2 T. fresh cilantro
2-3 cloves garlic
1/2 t. crushed red pepper

Blend together until smooth (no need to chop if you're gonna throw it all in the blender anyway). Use part as a marinade if you have time. Save the rest for sauce.

Cook chicken. I believe saute would be the correct term, but I'm not sure. So I'll go with: stick it in a skillet on the stove, turn up heat, and stir occasionally until done.

Soften some rice noodles (Mai Fun), use your judgment as to how many. I'm bad at that part.

Add some thinly sliced/chopped veggies. I personally like broccoli, carrots, and cabbage. I cheated this time and bought broccoli slaw mix. It was really good.

Mix the above together. Eat. Yum.


This is a very out-of-the-ordinary recipe for me. I'm pretty traditional. Once I got over the fact that it was a pretty unique flavor, I fell in love with an easy recipe. It's made even easier if you make lots of sauce and freeze it.

Enjoy!

No comments: