So many top 10 lists, must be the in-thing to do at the beginning of a new year!
So- my Top 10 Go-to Foods for being gluten free. Maybe I'll do another Top 10 list later this week... or maybe the top 10 reasons I don't have time to blog??
10. Soup. Have to be careful with the ingredients, as I've had some questionable experiences lately, but you can really make soup out of anything. I guarantee there is a yummy soup waiting for you in your pantry or freezer! Throw a bunch of stuff in a slow cooker and see what happens.
9. Larabars. I've never had a reaction to these. Fruit and nuts. Great to throw in your purse and forget about until you find yourself needing a decent snack. (Not great on a budget, but worth the price)
8. Biggby Coffee. I've been up and down and around with whether to drink it or not because it sometimes makes me feel crazy from the caffeine. Sometimes, I make it half caff. Coffeemate peppermint mocha creamer is pretty awesome, even if it is a little too processed for my typical taste.
7. Smoothies. Frozen fruit is good. I'm weird and like to add some peanut butter, too.
6. Stir-fry. I make a mean beef and broccoli. If I use chicken or shrimp, it usually doesn't taste like much, so I've been sticking to the red meat.
5. Eggs. Easy to boil. Even easier to stick in my lunchbag for a snack.
4. Canned chicken. Works great on a salad with some EVOO/balsamic as dressing.
3. Apples with peanut butter. This is often my breakfast.
2. Pumpkin Cake. Mmmmm. So easy.
1. Mac and cheese. I have a problem. I crave it all the time. So, I whip up a quick batch at least twice a week after work. Not very good warmed up, so I only make as much as I can eat right now. Maybe I'll post my "recipe" sometime. (more like an approximation than a recipe)