Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Friend, P.F. Chang

Apparently, I'm on the once-a-month posting plan.

Life is busy.

I'm having a blog identity crisis.

I don't write recipes, so I can't be one of those cool GF recipe blogs. I also haven't baked in a really long time (like since my last post with the yummy cookie pics).

I somehow find myself talking about Celiac all the time, but yet I don't feel like I have enough useful tips and information to share with the blog world.

So I guess, since I've been away from home all week (and way too close to PF Chang's), I'll consider this post a tribute to PF Chang's.

For those of you who are not lucky enough to have one near you, PF Chang's is a national chain upscale Chinese restaurant. "China Bistro" if you will. It is also one of the very few places that I feel comfortable eating and have not yet had a suspicion that I've been poisoned.

You walk in and ask for a gluten-free menu, and they hand you a GF menu. You then order off said menu. They bring you food. You eat it (with gusto). Then you are not sick.

Seriously, it is such a HUGE relief, especially for people like me who are uber-sensitive to gluten. I get giddy when I think about it!

I have eaten there or at Pei Wei (the carryout version) 3 times in the past week. I'll mention again that I was not home and I was staying with friends, so I do have some semblance of an excuse because I had to figure out some way to eat while there.

A few of my favorite things:
GF lettuce wraps- they are pretty much famous for them
Chang's spicy chicken- the definition of spicy often varies, but kind of like sweet and sour chicken with a kick
Singapore street noodles-thin rice noodles with chicken and shrimp
Flourless chocolate dome- more fudge than cake, not really worth the price unless it is your birthday or you really want a chocolate fix!

I know I sound like a salesperson, but no, I have no stake in the company. But, mental note, maybe I should...

No comments: