Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quick post. Italian Sausage. Yum.

o
Well, I promised a meal idea. A month later, here it is. Things are a little nuts around here, which means all the more reason for a quick easy meal combo!

I based this on a meal I had with GF pasta at Biaggi's. It was amazing! This didn't compare, but it was close enough to be quite satisfying. The first time, I made it with spaghetti noodles, but I've used whatever GF noodles I've had on hand (like spirals in the pic). The spaghetti actually turned out better, I think it absorbed more of the broth/sauce.

Basically, this is:
hot Italian turkey sausage
broccoli
pasta
garlic chili broth: which I made by combining some minced garlic, chicken broth, a little chili powder, and some crushed red pepper

I browned the sausage, then added the broth and broccoli and let it simmer a bit. I then added the al dente pasta.

I know it is simple, and it isn't a real recipe per se, but it tasted good. And different. I also just recently made an adapted Rachael Ray recipe for italian sausage meatballs stuffed with fresh mozzarella using the same kind of turkey sausage. No pics, we ate it too fast, and the kitchen was too much of a mess when I was done.

I think this is my new favorite ingredient! Jennie-O and Honeysuckle White are both gluten-free. Check them out!

No comments: