Sunday, December 15, 2013

Staying up late doesn't help with adrenal fatigue.

FYI: In case adrenal fatigue does exist, and I am pretty much the poster child for it, it doesn't help you to continue to stay up late. Pretty much every night.

It makes sense that we would be night owls. After all, even though we are totally exhausted by the end of the day, we get kind of a second wind at night. Not that I'm not tired, I totally am, but I finally feel like getting stuff done. Plus, the toddler is in bed, so getting things done is actually feasible. Thus, I usually do "stuff" until I fall into bed.

It's my own fault. There's always more to do. Laundry, dishes, picking up the toy avalanche in my living room who am I kidding-- the whole house, planning my grocery list and looking at the online ads and coupons, reading paleo/SCD/GAPS blogs, creating a comparatively small and useless blog, finding new recipes that I may or may not ever use, uploading all the pictures on my phone that I am terrified of losing, much less doing anything I actually enjoy as a hobby.

Did you know that I once was very interested in pursuing a career in music? Yeah, I forgot about that person, too. Maybe someday I will get around to doing something musical again.

Off to bed. I'll probably wake up tired no matter when I go to bed. Plus, my kid is snotty and coughing (again) and waking herself up every hour. Poor thing. I'm so thankful that she doesn't get super sick when she is sick, but it seems to be an alternating week thing here lately. Just when we start to be better, we get hit by another stupid bug.

Oy vey. I've got to infuse my life with some positivity. I've been such a Debbie Downer lately. Great SNL sketch, not so great in real life. After all, feline AIDS is the number one killer of domestic cats.

Sorry,
SC

No comments: